Friday, July 1, 2011

riding high at the bottom of the world

 The view from on top of the mountain

 Hand gliders built for two

A very large Kiwi ( national bird of NZ)
 The mountains around Queenstown
 They should all be covered in snow by now, but they are not

more mountains
 nighttime
the View half way up the mountain--gondala goes up at a slope of 73.1 degrees.  very steep!!!


I wanted to do more pics and a little more commentary but I am having big problems with internet here. so Hopefully this gets thru and I will do one big wrap up later on.  Looks like the ash cloud is going to let me get back ato australia tommorow so I will try to wrap it up in a few days.  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Dramatic... Is the lack of snow ash-related, or just ever-increasingly erratic weather patterns in general? Looking forward to "more" (pics and commentary)!!!

    ReplyDelete